CBI provides interventions for those struggling with eating disorders, acute mental health diagnosis and addiction. Each case is assessed thoroughly and an individualized plan is created to fit the unique needs of your loved one. Our team utilizes a myriad of intervention and therapeutic modalities fitted to each particular client. We also hold strong value on the input from family and professionals creating a collaborative process to ultimately create a thorough treatment plan that supports the entire family system. We continue to engage our efforts for a minimum of 90 days to ensure an adequate foundation is built for a lifetime of recovery.
Our services are provided across the country with teams based both on the east and west coast allowing efficient and accessible services.
Most interventions can occur within one week of our engagement and are usually executed by more than one staff.
The intervention process usually begins with review of collateral documentation, phone/video interviews with pertinent individuals and collaboration with current providers when applicable.
Treatment recommendations and specific intervention techniques fitted for your family are reviewed by our team and then presented to the family for discussion and further collaboration. Once a plan has been agreed upon, a date is set for our team to work with your family in-person for the 2-3 day process.
The first day is set aside for family training and intervention preparation, the second day is designed for the intervention itself and sometimes a third day is requested for further intervention proceedings.
Transportation is then provided by our staff to the previously agreed upon treatment placement, psychiatric hospital or detox facility. At this point the family will receive weekly updates on the client’s status in treatment by the lead interventionist while another designated staff member continues close contact with the client while in treatment as well. The family will also begin a 90 Day Family & Friends Program with a clinician on our team for ongoing emotional support, psychoeducation, and coaching.
Comprehensive Intervention Services Include
- Review and consultation of the identified crisis;
- Assessment and evaluation of the situation;
- Identification of reasonable expectations and mutual goals for the intervention process;
- Discussion and assessment of the likely effects, risks and benefits of the intervention on the identified individual and family;
- Educational session(s) on addiction, mental health, family trauma and other issues relevant to the situation;
- Development of individualized action plans including a treatment plan for your loved one;
- Logistics planning and treatment coordination;
- Pre-intervention and follow-up meetings;
- Facilitation of an intervention;
- Provision for safe escort and admission into treatment, which may include detoxification/stabilization as the first step;
- Support the family in after-care planning;
- 12 to 24 Weeks of Case Management Services to the family and individual including addressing family concerns before, during and after the identified individual’s treatment;
- 12 Week Engagement with one of our Family Services Specialist’s in providing our 12-week Family and Friends Program consisting of once weekly sessions with the family over the course of 12 weeks of our engagement.